Thursday 26th April 2018
Theatre coach trip
Tickets: £62.50 including luxury coach travel (No Booking Fee)
Our luxury coach departs The Sands Centre at 9am and travels straight to Edinburgh, to allow plenty of time for shopping and lunch before the matinee performance, returning back at The Sands Centre at approximately 8pm.
In the year that we commemorate the centenary of the end of the Great War, we're delighted to be able to offer a special theatre coach trip to see War Horse at Edinburgh Festival Theatre.
War Horse, which has been seen by over seven million people worldwide, completed its record-breaking eight year London run at the New London Theatre on 12 March 2016. It has won 25 awards including the Tony Award for Best Play on Broadway. Directed by Marianne Elliott and Tom Morris, Nick Stafford's adaptation of Michael Morpurgo's remarkable story of courage, loyalty and friendship, about a young boy called Albert and his horse Joey, set against the backdrop of the First World War is the most successful play in the National Theatre's history. It features ground-breaking puppetry work by South Africa's Handspring Puppet Company, which brings breathing, galloping horses to life on stage.
War Horse received its world premiere on 9 October 2007 at the National Theatre, where it played for two seasons before opening at the New London Theatre in March 2009. Since then, War Horse has been seen in 97 cities in 10 countries, including productions on Broadway, in Toronto and Berlin, with touring productions in the UK and Ireland, North America, the Netherlands and Belgium. A Chinese-language production is currently running in Beijing
- Show tickets will be allocated on the coach. A receipt of sale will be generated by The Sands' Box Office at the time of sale, which should be produced upon boarding the coach.
- The Sands' representative shall inspect receipts and issue theatre tickets.
- Tickets shall be allocated based upon the size of each party. It will not be possible to re-allocate or exchange tickets.
- Transport will be provided on a luxury 53 seat coach with toilet facilities.
- Due to the nature of transport arrangement and accessibility to seating in the theatre, unfortunately this trip is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Strictly no eating on the coach.
- Personal items may be left on the coach at the time of drop off in Edinburgh at your own risk. There shall be no access to the coach until the pick-up following the performance.
- The Sands Centre, GLL & Cumbria Coaches take no responsibility for personal items left on the coach. It is preferable that all valuables should be taken with passengers.
- The coach shall leave Edinburgh promptly. Should the departure be significantly delayed by missing parties or individuals, the courier and coach driver may see necessary to leave without the missing persons.
- There is a single pick up and drop off point in Carlisle at The Sands Centre. The coach will not stop en route into the city.
- The drop off time may alter should there be heavy traffic or any other occurrence that causes the coach to be delayed.
- No refunds will be available. Tickets cannot be exchanged or replaced.
War Horse - Edinburgh Festival Theatre When: Where: The Sands Centre The Sands Centre, Carlisle, CA1 1JQ Category: Concert Tickets from £0