Our luxury coach departs The Sands Centre at 9am and travels straight to
Edinburgh, to allow plenty of time for shopping and lunch before the matinee
performance, returning back at The Sands Centre at approximately 8pm.
In the year that we commemorate the centenary of the
end of the Great War, we're delighted to be able to offer a special theatre
coach trip to see War Horse at Edinburgh Festival Theatre.
War Horse, which has been seen by over seven million
people worldwide, completed its record-breaking eight year London run at the
New London Theatre on 12 March 2016. It has won 25 awards including the
Tony Award for Best Play on Broadway. Directed by Marianne Elliott and
Tom Morris, Nick Stafford's adaptation of Michael Morpurgo's remarkable story
of courage, loyalty and friendship, about a young boy called Albert and his
horse Joey, set against the backdrop of the First World War is the most
successful play in the National Theatre's history. It features
ground-breaking puppetry work by South Africa's Handspring Puppet Company,
which brings breathing, galloping horses to life on stage.
War Horse received its world premiere on 9 October
2007 at the National Theatre, where it played for two seasons before opening at
the New London Theatre in March 2009. Since then, War Horse has been seen
in 97 cities in 10 countries, including productions on Broadway, in Toronto and
Berlin, with touring productions in the UK and Ireland, North America, the
Netherlands and Belgium. A Chinese-language production is currently
running in Beijing
- Show tickets will be allocated on the coach. A receipt of sale will be
generated by The Sands' Box Office at the time of sale, which should be
produced upon boarding the coach.
- The Sands' representative shall inspect receipts and issue theatre
- Tickets shall be allocated based upon the size of each party. It will
not be possible to re-allocate or exchange tickets.
- Transport will be provided on a luxury 53 seat coach with toilet
- Due to the nature of transport arrangement and accessibility to seating
in the theatre, unfortunately this trip is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible
- Strictly no eating on the coach.
- Personal items may be left on the coach at the time of drop off in
Edinburgh at your own risk. There shall be no access to the coach until the
pick-up following the performance.
- The Sands Centre, GLL & Cumbria Coaches take no responsibility for
personal items left on the coach. It is preferable that all valuables should be
taken with passengers.
- The coach shall leave Edinburgh promptly. Should the departure be
significantly delayed by missing parties or individuals, the courier and coach
driver may see necessary to leave without the missing persons.
- There is a single pick up and drop off point in Carlisle at The Sands
Centre. The coach will not stop en route into the city.
- The drop off time may alter should there be heavy traffic or any other
occurrence that causes the coach to be delayed.
- No refunds will be available. Tickets cannot be exchanged or replaced.