The Friends of Classical Music at The Sands Centre is an external society set up to liaise with the management of The Sands Centre on future concert programmes, ambience and audience development as well as hosting the pre-concert talks. The talks are always interesting, sometimes serious, sometimes hilarious, and provide an insight into the evening's concert. Often it is presented by the conductor, sometimes the soloist or a member of the orchestra. We would encourage you to come along & subscribers to the season get free admission.
The Friends of Classical Music at The Sands Centre has been set up with the following objectives:
- as a communications channel between the concert audiences and the management of The Sands Centre
- advice on future concert programmes
- input regarding presentation and ambience
- Organise/host concert talks
- developing concert audiences for the future - schools programmes and the like
- assisting in bringing the concert series to the attention of more people in more areas
- activities outside the concerts at The Sands Centre, e.g. trips to concerts elsewhere
The Friends have been set up on a formal basis and you can find a copy of our constitution here. If you are interested in being involved, please send an email with your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a membership application form and send it with your subscription of £5.